Has it really been 4 months since I sat down to type something on this thing?
I guess it has–and it’s no coincidence that that long drought of words coincided with my bout of full-time unemployment.
One would THINK that with all of the time afforded by not having steady work, one would be able to crank out some impressive prose.
Alas, I have found that when one is stressed about such trivialities as rent money and scraping enough together to resist the ever present threat of car repossession, one’s brain isn’t quite ready to dive into writing the Next Great American Novel/Screenplay.
So what’s happened during what I am now dubbing “The Great Silent Period”? Here are some bullet points I’ll hopefully get to over the next few weeks.
- I found a nanny job–my “unicorn nanny job”, in fact. I won’t be going into detail about the kids or family, but it’s a nanny job with a 48 hour shift starting at 9am on Saturday and ending at 9am on Monday. This schedule is AMAZING for writing and auditioning and I’m already setting myself up to take full advantage of it.
- I got my first root canal. It was as horrific as you would expect it to be, can’t wait to share the details with you.
- I took some beginner magic lessons at The Magic Castle and it was awesome.
- I went to SUNDANCE 2016! It was all sorts of amazing and awesome and I can’t wait to share my experiences with you here.
- I survived the last few months panic attack free, which is probably the most significant feat of all. I had plenty of opportunity to completely lose my marbles, but I held it together through the grace of mid-day napping and Netflix.
- I witnessed my first drug deal while apartment hunting.
- I went in for a nanny interview with a celeb and came out with a PT writer’s assistant position. There won’t be a ton of detail on this one, either, but I will regale you with the tale of our serendipitous meeting because it’s honestly something out of a movie.
- I finally got the wherewithal to sit my butt down and update this blog. So get ready for some wild stories.
To stay up-do-date on all of Short and Feisty’s posts, click the Follow this blog button at the top right of this page.